Addiction is a mental health disorder that affects tens of millions of men and women each year. While there is no cure for addiction, treatment centers combine medication with behavioral therapy to effectively treat the addiction and give people a new lease on life. There are many methadone treatment benefits that can ease the recovery process and make it possible to reach your sober goals. Finding Methadone-assisted treatment in New Hampshire is the smart choice to make when you are ready to stop abusing drugs or alcohol.
At Liberty Health Services, we support individuals who are struggling with addiction to alcohol, opioid pain medication, heroin, or other illegal opioids. Our facility is fully-accredited and utilizes the latest treatment modalities to treat addiction and the underlying cause behind it. We take the time to build trust and open communication with each client to help them feel comfortable talking about difficult subjects and sensitive matters. To learn more about the benefits of methadone-assisted treatment, send us a message online or call us at 855.959.4521 to schedule a tour and meet with our compassionate team.
Using Methadone to Treat Addiction
Using medications like Methadone to treat addiction is widely accepted and offers many benefits to those who experience painful withdrawal symptoms and powerful cravings. Methadone is an FDA-approved medication that has been proven to reduce opioid withdrawals and cravings safely. It is a full opioid agonist that blocks the euphoric effects of opioids while still providing pain relief.
Methadone is a long-lasting opioid and stays in your system for up to 56 hours. It is very beneficial in reducing opioid withdrawal symptoms that include:
- Muscle aches and pains
- Teary or watery eyes
- Nausea and vomiting
- Increased heart rate
Methadone is just one type of medication that is used in addiction treatment. Medical staff will administer a combination of drugs during detox and throughout the program and monitor your reactions. As symptoms diminish, so will the need for medication, and medical staff will begin to reduce the medicines until they are no longer necessary.
At Liberty Health Services, we offer detox and residential treatment using a combination of medical support and behavioral therapy. You will quickly discover the methadone-assisted treatment benefits as you start taking the medication and participating in group and private
5 Methadone Treatment Benefits
There are many benefits of enrolling in a treatment center that focuses on the physical and mental aspects of addiction. Addiction is a lifelong illness, and clients will spend their time in recovery developing new life skills that promote lifelong sobriety and a healthy lifestyle.
Here are five benefits of methadone treatment:
- A safer way to get through detox – Addiction withdrawals are a serious matter and can produce painful and sometimes fatal symptoms if not properly treated. Methadone and other medications reduce withdrawal symptoms and cravings and allow clients to focus on their recovery. There is less chance of relapse, and clients are more likely to complete the program and maintain their sobriety when using medication during addiction recovery.
- Behavioral therapy programs – One of the key methadone-assisted treatment benefits includes behavioral therapy, which is required as part of a medication-assisted treatment program. Behavioral therapy helps clients uncover the root cause of the addiction while rebuilding their confidence and self-esteem to accomplish their goals and lead a sober lifestyle.
- Less risk of lifetime medical complications – Stopping opioid abuse before it causes permanent physical and mental harm is imperative for your future well-being. Abusing opioids and alcohol for a long period can lead to heart disease, kidney/liver disease, significant cognitive decline, and other life-altering illnesses.
- Improved retention rates – One of the top benefits of methadone treatment includes better retention rates. Clients are more likely to stick with their treatment program and reach their recovery goals on time and with fewer setbacks.
- Improves your overall quality of life – In addition to medication, clients will participate in several therapies such as nutrition education, yoga, creative writing, and other holistic programs. These programs promote a healthy lifestyle and help clients find new ways to cope with everyday stress.
After enrolling in an addiction treatment program, you will discover all of the Methadone treatment benefits that will make the recovery process much easier than trying to quit alone. It will boost your confidence in maintaining your sobriety and improve other areas of your life.
Learn More About Methadone-Assisted Treatment in New Hampshire at Liberty Health Services
At Liberty Health Services, we help men and women who struggle with addiction to alcohol, opioid pain medication, or other addictive substances. Once you settle in our discreet facility, we will discuss the benefits of methadone-assisted treatment and other treatment programs and what you can expect during your recovery journey. Our team works hard to ease the recovery process so you have a positive experience in reaching your sober goals.
Pick up the phone and call 855.959.4521 today to begin your addiction recovery at our luxurious addiction treatment facility. You can also reach us by filling out our online contact form.