Manchester is a beautiful little town on the Atlantic Coast known for its long history and its famous “Singing Beach.” But, like any town in the United States, there are members of the community who are battling drugs and alcohol addiction. If you or a person you care about are one of those people, it can be helpful to know where to find a medical detox near Manchester, Massachusetts. Even if you are from a different part of the country, detox programs in New England could be a great choice for you.
What Is Medical Detox?
Medical detox is a residential program in which clients are monitored and treated by medical professionals and counseling staff while undergoing withdrawal from drugs or alcohol. Many times, a detox program is the first phase in a longer substance abuse treatment journey. During the process of withdrawal, clients’ needs are evaluated, and an individualized plan for their care is developed.
Usually, clients are offered not only medical treatment but also counseling and therapeutic activities to help them start off right on their path to recovery. The facility of a medical detox program is set up to be a safe and supportive environment so that clients can focus on their recovery.
What Should I Be Looking for in a Medical Detox Program near Manchester, Massachusetts?
There are several important factors to be considered when looking for a medical detox program. Having a clear idea of what your needs are can help you narrow down the best place for you or your loved one. Some things you may wish to look for are:
- Individualized care in a smaller setting means that you or your loved one will get the best treatment possible.
- A quiet, somewhat remote setting will allow you to focus on healing without the distractions of a city setting.
- Luxurious, full-service residential facilities are the best way to ensure that all your needs will be met while you put in the hard work of getting sober.
- A good program is family-centered and includes the client’s loved ones in therapeutic activities because a strong support network is crucial to successful recovery.
Is It a Good Idea to Travel For Medical Detox?
Many people choose to travel to a detox program or treatment center. In fact, it can sometimes be a great choice, especially if you worry about being near people or situations that might trigger you to use drugs or interfere with your recovery in any way. Some of the most common reasons that someone might choose to travel to a medical detox program near Manchester, Massachusetts, are:
- Gaining physical distance from people and places that might be challenging to your recovery is a good choice, especially in the early stages
- Going to a new place can help ease the transition into a new life
- When you don’t know anyone in the area, you are obliged to rely on the people you know in the detox program who will be much more understanding and supportive of what you are going through
- The region is known for its beautiful small towns, quaint historical buildings, and easy access to nature and sports activities. You will have plenty of healthy things to do while you learn to re-discover your life
Just a short hour’s drive from Manchester, Massachusetts, Liberty Health Services in Derry, New Hampshire, offers medical detox for a variety of substances as well as alcohol. Our very small facility is situated on a beautifully forested property that is not only relaxing and quiet but also protects the privacy of our clients and their families. Since we only have twenty-four beds, clients and their families are given highly personalized care by our caring, professional staff. If you are ready to take that first step, contact us today at 855.959.4521 and let us show you that life can be beautiful again.