Addiction is a treatable mental health illness that requires a multifaceted approach to treating the wide-ranging symptoms and causes. Knowing the methadone treatment expectations can ease any stress you have about enrolling in an addiction treatment program. Understanding the process and types of treatment programs you will participate in allows for a smooth transition into recovery and sets you up for success. A Methadone-assisted treatment center in New Hampshire offers a safer option than trying to detox from drugs or alcohol alone with no professional support.
At Liberty Health Services, we help men and women from all walks of life who are struggling with an addiction to opioids, alcohol, and other dangerous substances. Our behavioral therapists take the time to build trust and open communication with each client, so they feel comfortable talking about the issues that led to the addiction. You will spend time in private and group therapy sessions developing the skills necessary to confidently maintain your sobriety no matter what life throws at you. Continue reading to learn more about what to expect in Methadone treatment, then call 855.959.4521 today if you are ready to start your recovery journey.
Why You Should Enroll in Methadone Treatment in New Hampshire
Methadone-assisted treatment provides medical support for treating opioid use disorder for individuals who suffer from chronic pain and abuse their prescriptions. It blocks the euphoric effects of other opioids while still providing pain relief. Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist that interacts with the mu-opioid receptors. It is a slow-acting opioid, which means it does not cause the same euphoric response as other opioids such as codeine, hydrocodone, heroin, or morphine.
Methadone suppresses withdrawal symptoms and allows clients to get through them safely with minimal risks of relapsing. If you or a loved one is using opioid pain medication, you should familiarize yourself with the signs of opioid abuse. Some of the signs include:
- Taking the medication with alcohol or taking more than prescribed
- Running out of their prescription before the refill date
- Having multiple prescriptions from different doctors
- Frequent flu-like symptoms
- Changes in sleep patterns
At Liberty Health Services, our Methadone-assisted treatment program uses FDA-approved medications to treat addiction to opioids while still providing pain relief. This medication is safe to take as part of an accredited addiction treatment program and is proven to increase your chances of reaching your recovery goals.
Methadone Treatment Expectations
A Methadone treatment program consists of medication and behavioral support to stop the abuse from reoccurring in the future. Addiction is a lifelong illness, and symptoms can return years after completing treatment. That is why it is important to address the reasons behind the abuse and develop new ways to cope with those feelings.
Here is some of what to expect in methadone treatment:
- Medication-assisted treatment – Medical staff will run a full assessment to develop a medical plan that will minimize withdrawals, cravings, and any depressive or anxiety symptoms that are fueling the addiction. They will administer medications and make adjustments to the dosage for maximum effects with minimal side effects. As your symptoms diminish, they will taper you off the medication until no longer necessary.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy – You will work with a behavioral therapist in group and private therapy sessions to discuss the reasons behind the addiction and develop new coping skills to manage your symptoms and triggers. During group therapy, you will practice these skills with your peers while gaining new insights into how others cope with addiction.
- Family therapy – Addiction is one of the biggest reasons for divorce and broken families. During family therapy, everyone will have a chance to talk with a therapist about the addiction and how it affects each person. They can vent any frustrations and begin to move on while learning how to support the recovery process by creating a stable and sober home environment.
Understanding Methadone treatment expectations is an important step in preparing for addiction recovery. The more you know, the more you will get out of the experience and will have an easier time reaching your recovery goals.
Learn More About Methadone Treatment in New Hampshire at Liberty Health Services
At Liberty Health Services, we are a small treatment center that offers detox and residential treatment in a private, wood-like setting that is perfect for healing. We use a mixture of behavioral and holistic therapy along with Methadone and other medications that are proven to reduce withdrawal symptoms and cravings. Together, they create a comprehensive program that is very successful in helping clients reach their goals and maintain their sobriety.