Did you know that Massachusetts was one of the hardest-hit states by the country’s heroin epidemic? Since the 1990s, Massachusetts has witnessed year-over-year increases when it comes to its heroin overdose death rate. As a result, there are many treatment options available near Boston.
If you or a loved one may benefit from addiction treatment programs near Boston, contact Liberty Health Services by calling 855.959.4521 or reaching out to our team online. Learn more about our substance abuse treatment programs in New Hampshire today.
Our Rehab and Addiction Treatment Center Near Boston, Mass.
There are many choices for addiction treatment in Boston, Mass., and the rest of Massachusetts. However, when you’re choosing where to get admitted for substance abuse treatment, you should always pick a place that will help you reach your goals.
The perfect rehab program might actually be located outside of the state you live in. This is especially true if you’re in Massachusetts, where the heroin epidemic may be making most addiction treatment facilities full. Traveling to a new city or a nearby state, such as New Hampshire, can be an effective option and help you focus on recovery away from the stresses of everyday life.
Weighing Your Options for Addiction Treatment
New Hampshire is home to a number of treatment centers. There are medical detox centers and specialty addiction treatment centers for every type of addictive substance. Some New Hampshire addiction treatment facilities can handle all parts of a client’s recovery journey. Others may focus on one or some parts and then partner with other facilities that offer what they don’t.
Addiction treatment programs in New Hampshire will likely be the same as programs that individuals can get into in other parts of the country. Different amenities, therapies, and services can set certain treatment centers apart.
Many New Hampshire facilities focus on making treatment as accessible as possible. Reach out to a treatment center near you today if you’re ready to begin healing from addiction and making lasting changes.
The Benefits of Getting Addiction Treatment
It is not advised that anyone attempt to break an addiction to drugs or alcohol on their own, mainly because of the withdrawal symptoms they will face. Withdrawal symptoms can range from unpleasant to severe and life-threatening; the fear of them keeps many people stuck in the cycle of addiction, and experiencing them without support increases the likelihood of relapse.
Significant benefits of seeking help at an addiction treatment facility include:
- Withdrawal symptoms are managed to get you through detox as comfortably as possible
- Severe symptoms are prevented as often as possible
- Getting to the root cause of the addiction in order to really begin to heal
- Treatment is often available for co-occurring mental health disorders
- With no outside distractions or risk of relapse while in treatment, the entire focus is on healing
- Access to individual, group, and family therapy programs
- Access to support and educational resources
- Being around peers who understand what you are going through
- Round-the-clock care help and support from medical staff, treatment specialists, and therapists
- Holistic therapy options such as yoga therapy, art therapy, or nature therapy may be offered
Completing a treatment program, including medical detox, makes for higher success rates in recovery, relapse prevention, and long-term sobriety.
How to Choose an Addiction Treatment Center Near Boston, Massachusetts
There are a few aspects you will want to take into consideration before making a final decision in choosing where to get addiction treatment and getting assessed for admission. Some components to consider would be:
- Atmosphere and environment – Consider whether staying where you’ve lived throughout your addiction will help you heal or not. You should rehabilitate far away from home if local hangouts and friends prevent you from focusing on your recovery.
- Confidentiality – Some clients may want to keep their addiction and eventual recovery private and confidential, so going out of state may be ideal.
- Cost and insurance coverage – The cost of overall treatment is likely one of the most limiting factors in choosing an addiction treatment program. If you have insurance coverage, you may only have a few in-network choices to choose from, as well.
- Ease of access – You may want access to follow-up care after your addiction treatment program. This could pose some difficulties if the facility is not near where you live.
- Family relationships – If your relationships with family members will not provide support, they may just be distractions and even triggers that won’t help while you’re in recovery. When this is the case, it could be better to go to a center that’s farther away.
There is a lot to consider when choosing an addiction treatment program. It can be difficult to take that first step, but once you do, it’s all uphill from there. Professional help is available to anyone seeking support in breaking the cycle of addiction.
Connect with Liberty Health Services for Addiction Treatment Near Boston
Take the next step in healing from addiction. If you’re looking for addiction treatment programs near Boston, connect with Liberty Health Services for high-quality care in New Hampshire. Call 855.959.4521 or reach out to our team online to learn more about how our Liberty Health Services team can help you or a loved one begin a recovery journey.