An individual therapy program is just one part of an addiction treatment plan that can address the physical and mental aspects of addiction safely and effectively. The benefits of individual therapy become clear as clients work through their emotions and learn how to process their feelings without needing more drugs or alcohol to feel better. They learn new ways to cope with their feelings and how to communicate better when they need help. If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction, enrolling in an individual therapy program in New Hampshire can support their recovery journey with fewer risks of relapse.
At Liberty Health Services, we support men and women from all walks of life who are struggling with addiction and need help with their recovery. During individual therapy, therapists will guide clients toward uncovering the root cause of the addiction and begin developing healthy coping skills to manage their symptoms and triggers. Treatment programs will consist of group and individual therapy sessions with medical support for those with severe withdrawal symptoms. To learn more about our individual therapy program in New Hampshire, send us a message using our online form or call 855.959.4521 today to speak with our friendly staff.
Enrolling in Individual Therapy in New Hampshire
Enrolling in an addiction treatment program includes various types of therapy for treating the wide range of symptoms and causes of addiction. During individual therapy, a certified behavioral therapist will take the time to get to know you and make sure you feel comfortable talking with them. They will focus on any sensitive subjects or traumatic events that are behind the addiction so they can begin building effective coping skills. Some of the techniques they will use include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing therapy (EMDR)
- Motivational interviewing
- Neurofeedback therapy
At Liberty Health Services, our clients discover many therapy benefits that will support lifelong sobriety and other healthy lifestyle choices. The combination of behavioral and holistic therapies gives them plenty of life skills and new interests to build a new life.
5 Benefits of Individual Therapy
There are many benefits of individual therapy when you enroll in an addiction treatment program and give yourself time to recover. Addiction is hard on the body and mind, and it will take several weeks to clean all of the toxins from your system. The more time you spend in therapy, the easier it will be to handle all of life’s stresses without the need for drugs and alcohol.
Here are five individual therapy benefits that you will discover while in addiction recovery:
- Discover the reason behind the addiction – A lot of times, men and women who abuse drugs and alcohol don’t know why they develop an addiction. That’s why behavioral therapists spend time getting to know you and your history so they can help you understand the reasons for it. After that, true healing can begin.
- Learn healthy coping skills – Therapists will work with each client to build new skills for managing their feelings and not letting them cause any negative thoughts and behaviors. These skills will help you stay in the present instead of focusing on negative thoughts and past or future events.
- Medication to ease withdrawal symptoms – To ease clients through addiction withdrawals, medical staff will administer medication that can reduce withdrawals and cravings. As you progress through the program and your symptoms fade, they will begin reducing the medication until no longer necessary.
- Boost your confidence – A big part of recovery is rebuilding the confidence in yourself to abstain from drugs and alcohol. The skills you develop and fine-tune in therapy will go a long way toward giving you the confidence to maintain your sobriety long after completing the program.
- Discover the power to make real change – You will rediscover the power within you to make real changes that build a healthy lifestyle. Therapists can teach you beneficial skills to motivate yourself to make personal changes that will make it easy to stay away from drugs and alcohol.
There are many benefits of individual therapy that you will discover once you enroll in an addiction treatment program. Individual therapy is a big part of residential, outpatient, and aftercare programs for continuing therapy.
Learn More About Liberty Health Services’ Individual Therapy Program in New Hampshire
At Liberty Health Services, our individual therapy in New Hampshire supports men and women who are struggling with addiction and ready for a positive change. After completing a full assessment, we will create a tailored treatment program that will include group and individual therapy with medical support to minimize withdrawal symptoms and cravings. Clients will gain more therapy benefits the longer they stay with the program and build more healthy and sober lifestyle habits.
If you or a loved one is ready to commit to recovery, call 855.959.4521 today to enroll in our addiction treatment center and begin building a new life. You can also reach us through our online contact form.